Tracy is a quite capable lady, and she has the following features:
- Uses CompactFlash memory card (FAT32 file system).
- Comes with a "mouse" type GPS.
- Shows correct time received from satellite.
- Simple navigation mode, shows (great circle) distance and direction to waypoint.
- Shows direction of travel in degrees (like a compass).
- Shows accurate speed in km/h.
- Shows number of satellites used.
- Shows MSL-altitude from GPS.
- Fully automatic lap timer, no external beacon. Writes timestamped lap times to memory card.
- Fully automatic performance measurements: Time from 0-100 km/h (plus distance), time to 1/8 mile (plus speed),
time to 1/4 mile (plus speed).
- Writes GPS-data (NMEA RMC and GGA sentences) to the memory card each second, a 128 MB card will hold
approximately 250 hours of data. Writes a new file for each day.
The internal software is easy to upgrade, put the new software (single file) on the memory card, and
hold a button pressed while powering up. Tracy will search for the file on the memory card, and
if the file is correct (CRC-check) it will be flashed automatically.
User manual for version 1.3 and up (Norwegian)
Tracy internal software version 1.2 (do not use, old version)
Tracy internal software version 1.4
Routemanager v1.0 (Norwegian)
A few "screenshots"
Last updated: 21-04-2005